Sunday, May 21, 2017

Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs

This is an easy way to get that "fried chicken" fix without all the work or fat.  I marinated some bone-in, skin on chicken thighs in some buttermilk, hot sauce and seasonings for 6 hours in a Ziploc bag, in the fridge.



Use whatever seasonings you like but I used Trader Joe's No Salt 21 Seasoning Salute, Trader Joe's fresh cracked Garlic Salt, fresh cracked black pepper and Frank's red hot sauce.


For the coating, I mixed Cajun seasoning (2 tablespoons), panko crumbs (3/4 cup) and cornflake crumbs (3/4 cup) and more fresh cracked pepper in a container.


I lined a baking sheet with parchment and preheated the oven to 375°F.  I sprayed it with "Pam".  I shook the marinade off the chicken and pressed the thighs into the crumbs ensuring each piece was coated well.  I put them back on the sheet pan.  I put these in the oven for 45 minutes.


These were crispy and tender and had a good kick of heat from the seasoning.  This is a very enjoyable easy way to enjoy faux "fried chicken".  I make it often in this house.  I usually spray it with "Pam" before I bake and it makes the crust a bit more "set".  I forgot to this time though...


No comments:

Post a Comment