Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Elvis Sandwich

Happy Canada Day!  ๐Ÿ It's raining, it's pouring here...  I thought I'd make my son an Elvis Sandwich.  When I asked my son who Elvis was, he said he was a famous singer.  I asked him to name a song he sang and got an "Ummm..." So I had to sit him down and showed him a few song clips on youtube which got some eye rolls.  Ah, my millennial, which made me roll my own eyes.. ๐Ÿ™„ The recipe calls for white bread but we didn't have any so used what we had today which was:

  • 2 slices whole wheat bread
  • 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 medium banana, sliced in 4 pieces
  • 3 slices pancetta bacon, cooked
  • drizzle of honey
  • unsalted butter, for the bread and a pat for the pan when starting to fry.

I got a small non-stick pan and buttered the bread.  I put the first slice in, buttered side down.  I put peanut butter on top followed by the banana.  



Then the bacon, the honey and final bread slice which also had peanut butter on the inside and butter on the outside.  




I cooked over medium heat with an extra pat of butter until browned nicely.  I won't lie, it was hard to flip and the end banana piece fell out.  I had to re-assemble it.  Also, I flipped too soon so it meant I had to do an extra flip.  It was a heavy sandwich in soft bread.  Anyway, it all worked out in the end.  I cut in half and served.


Son thought the ingredients of this didn't sound good when I listed it to him, but said he was pleasantly surprised.  He said he thought that the honey was key in bringing it all together.  So of course I said, "Thank you, thank you very much" and that went right over his head.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment