Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Poké Salad Bowl

I actually bought the albacore tuna for this in a Poké kit.  It came with the marinade for it as well and I let it stew in there for about an hour before I served.  The delivery arrived today and was dinner for myself this evening.  I used organic power greens for the salad.  I tossed them with a little ponzu sauce (Kikkoman from the grocery store) and S&P.  That was the bed for all these toppings:

  • 1/2 lb wild Albacore Haidacore™ tuna, cubed and marinated
  • Radishes, sliced thinly
  • Kimchi
  • Edamame, shelled
  • Cucumber, quartered and sliced
  • Organic cilantro, sliced
  • Carrot, grated
  • Green onions, sliced
  • Avocado, sliced
  • Cooked shrimp
  • Pickled ginger
  • Fresh lemon juice, squeezed
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • Mayonnaise mixed with Sriracha sauce, drizzled for garnish
  • Crispy fried onions, for garnish
  • "Everything Bagel" seasoning, for garnish


That was pretty much it.  Lots of prep work and I didn't take any pictures at all, of anything.  I laid the greens in a large flat bowl and tried to assemble the toppings over in a pretty way, like I would do a chopped salad.  I squeezed the lemon over top, the mayo mix, cracked pepper, onions and then the seasoning.  Voilà!  I thought it was a beauty!!


But then I mixed it all together as I ate it.  😋  I dragged the toppings through the greens until it was incorporated.  It had so many flavors and textures going on.  Each bite was a new taste.  I really liked it all.  It was worth the work I put into it.  Really packed an appetizing palate punch!  To me the crispy onions were a "must-do".  I went back and added a lot more while eating this.  The cilantro was fantastic as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment