Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shrimp Stuffed Sole

They had fresh sole on sale at IGA and it looked fabulous.  I decided to recreate a dish I made years ago.  No recipe, couldn't even find anything online that was close.  Basically, it's stuffed sole with a shrimp mixture made in a muffin tin.  For my filling, I used:

  • A 250 ml container of organic cream cheese
  • Good dash of Sriracha sauce
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1cup of Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup grated Old Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of baby shrimp (mine were fresh from the East coast)
  • Freshly cracked black pepper
  • Kosher salt
  • 12 thin slices of Sole
  • Lemon slices and wedges, for garnish
I mixed all the ingredients together and then set it aside.


I got out my muffin tin which holds 6 large muffins.  I sprayed it with "Pam".  I laid 2 sole fillets in each tin, crosswise and then S&P'd them.



I stuffed the mixture in the tins, and then folded the sole over the top to close it off.


More S&P and then a thin lemon slice over top.  I baked this at 400°F for a half hour.



It turned out quite delicious.  I would make this again.  Maybe next time I'd make a lemon butter sauce to drizzle over and some kind of salad.  I was busy today and not feeling well.  I had to make it before I go on vacation tomorrow, so this was a rush job.  Next time I'll make it a pretty meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment