Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Pav Bhaji (Indian) Lasagna

This is one of those dishes I probably won't ever make again, but the idea came to me and this was dinner tonight.  I used my leftover Pav Bhaji to make lasagna tonight.



I bought Whole Grain lasagna noodles and I also made a sauce with extra lean ground turkey, organic no salt strained tomatoes, onion, garlic, S&P and tomato paste.


And I grated a ton of mozza cheese (a pound).  I probably put a cup on each layer.  This was an experiment...mmmmmwwwwahahahahahahaha 😉  I boiled the lasagna per package directions and then left them in cold water so they didn't stick to each other.  I greased a 9" x 13" baking dish by coating it with cooking spray.  I put it on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil.  I put a little layer of the sauce down.  I had some lemon basil leftover from the farmer's market, so snipped pieces over before putting a layer of noodles down.



I put a layer of the Pav Bhaji down.


The first layer, I had some whipped lemon ricotta leftover from a salad so dolloped that on, and then some mozza.


Layer one done.  Another layer of noodles, sauce, Pav Bhaji and cheese.



3rd layer was sauce, lemon basil and cheese and this went into a 350°F oven for an hour.


I let it stand for a half hour before cutting it.


My son really liked this.  I thought it was pretty good.  I am not always a fan of what I cook.  It was interesting, definitely different, and the Indian spice was as good as it was in the original dish.  It exhausts me to think of how many different cultures I want to explore and become good at cooking their dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment