Monday, September 24, 2018

Shrimp Tacos

This is what was in our freezer and what I used to make dinner tonight.



I had all the other ingredients I used in our fridge but bought the avocado today.  It was rare to find a ripe one, but I did and it was on sale too.  Bonus.  This was an easy Monday night dinner...everyone who knows me well, knows how much I hate Mondays...Grrr...

  • Corn tortillas, heated until pliable (I warmed mine in foil in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees)
  • Trader Joe's "Hatch Valley Salsa", to taste
  • Kraft Cracker Barrel 32% Less Fat shredded Tex-Mex cheese, to taste (a small handful per taco)
  • 1 package (480 grams) lemon garlic shrimp (these were cleaned and tails removed already), prepared to package instructions
  • 2 cups grated green cabbage, and more sliced thinly for texture
  • 1/3 cup Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • Cholula hot sauce, to taste
  • 1 avocado, halved and sliced in half moons
  • 1 lime, in wedges for garnish

I grated the cabbage.



I mixed it in with S&P, Cholula hot sauce and Ranch dressing.  I wanted better texture, so sliced some thin strips of cabbage in.  I covered and put in the fridge until needed.


Next I patted the shrimp on paper towels until they were completely dry.  These went into a non-stick pan with avocado oil.  I stirred in the sauce when they were cooked about 5 minutes later.  I sliced the avocado.



I laid 6 tortillas for 3 tacos.  They were thin and I piled high.  So, first layer was salsa...


...then shrimp,


...then coleslaw,


...then avocado,


...and finally cheese.


These were yummy.  Exactly as expected they would taste.  Shrimp were cooked perfectly and had great lemon, garlic flavor.  There was crunch, there was creaminess from the avocado, there was spice from the salsa and there was citrus notes above the corn flavor of the tortillas.  It made my Monday a tiny bit better...that and a stiff "Bloody Mary". 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment