Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Mandarin Orange Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two

For Christmas day, I wanted to make dessert for the two others that were here.  I wanted something easy and I found it here.  I halved the recipe and substituted a mandarin orange for the clementine.



Also, he said he makes it ahead, so I made it Christmas eve so I wouldn't even have to bother with it on Christmas day other than pouring it into the dishes.
  • 50 grams dark, bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao) 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Zest of one mandarin orange
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
I preheated the oven to 400°F.  I used cooking spray on 2 ramekins and put them on a baking sheet.


I melted the chocolate in 30 seconds increments in the microwave.  It took mine 60 seconds to melt.


I mixed all the other ingredients in a bowl with a whisk until well incorporated.


I folded in the chocolate with a spatula.


I poured the mixture into the ramekins.


I put this in the oven for 10 minutes.  I wanted the insides to be ooey gooey.  I garnished with a small scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.



I got Mmmm's, and both ramekins were scraped clean, so I would call it a success!  An easy one at that.  Again, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a  good night...


Oh, here was dinner...Yorkshire pudding with gravy, prime rib, riced potatoes, roasted carrots and horseradish...pretty perfect, if I do say so myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment