Saturday, January 18, 2020

Brussels Sprouts and Smoked Bison Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner

Tonight's dinner special... I've said before, I don't really like cooking on Fridays, so this was literally easy to throw together...


I saw Bison sausage at Costco today and thought I'd give it a try.  It was expensive.  Pack above was $20 for 8 sausages.  I started with the Brussels sprouts and then used what was in the fridge/pantry.  I tried to cut everything relatively the same size so it all cooked at the same time together. 

  • 1 large yam, peeled and cubed
  • 1 sweet onion, large dice
  • 1 red bell pepper, large dice
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 4 smoked bison sausages, sliced
  • 3 slices thick bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and large ones halved
  • Few stalks of fresh thyme
  • Fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon Trader Joe's No Salt "21 Seasoning Salute"
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
I got my largest sheet pan out and swirled some olive oil over it.  Then all the above went on except for the sausage as it was fully cooked already.  I tossed it all together so the oil was coating it all and it was mixed well.  It looked so pretty and colorful!


This went into a preheated 350°F oven for about an hour, stirring once halfway through.  At that time I also added the sausage. 


I let it cook until veggies were roasted and bacon was crisp.  I removed the thyme stalks.  I plated.


I gave my son a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar Glaze over his.  I had a drizzle of Red Wine Vinegar.  It just perked up the flavors.


This was really delicious.  The sausage was good (mildly gamey tasting though), the veggies were seasoned perfectly and every taste was  in balance.  I loved when I got bacon and/or onions in a bite!  Sheet pan dinners are a great idea and clean up is a breeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment