Sunday, February 9, 2020

Raw Zoodle Salad with Tahini Dressing

This post is old and from when zucchini was in season.  I just found it my drafts so published it...

Tahini Dressing:
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 1/3 cup organic tahini 
  • 1 inch nub fresh ginger, grated with microplane
  • 1 clove of garlic, grated with microplane
  • 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
  • 2 tablespoons organic coconut aminos
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste 
  • Sriracha sauce, to tase
  • 1 lime, juiced
Salad:
  • 2 large zucchinis , spiralized  (I have a "Veggetti" which name still makes me laugh and feel embarrassed).
  • 1 large carrot, grated
  • 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped and for garnish
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed in a baggie with a mallet

I haven't used my "Veggetti" much.  Mostly because I wanted to make all these veggie pastas, but yet they always turned out way too watery, so it has sat in the cupboard.  But RAW seemed like a good reason to bring it out.  I have a good spiralizer now that attaches to my "KitchenAid Stand Mixer", but I've been too lazy to take it out and use it yet.  Anyway, I cut the zoodles if they were too long to put in the mouth easily.


I mixed the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.


I had to thin the dressing with water until desired consistency.


I then mixed in all the salad ingredients.  I garnished with additional cilantro.


The dressing was really flavorful, like peanut sauce with a good punch of spicy heat.  The zucchini was perfect without being watery.  The green onions and peanuts gave a nice crunch.  Very tasty quick dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment