Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Air Fryer: Roast Chicken

Pandemic Life.  In this coronavirus (covid-19) time, one would think cooking would be a great pastime.  I've always used the kitchen as a way to relieve stress.  But now, not so much.  I've found little joy in it as of late, unfortunately, certainly not like I normally do.  Plus it's not exactly easy getting groceries in these times.  However, I always want to turn out a good meal, that is just part of my nature.  Anyway, I'm still here and virus free at this minute...

I love my Ninja air-fryer.  One of the best cooking tools in my kitchen.  The quickness of it is probably my favorite feature.  That and how well it does the job at certain items, like fries and wings.  Looking online, it looked like the recipe was 360°F for about 40 minutes with a 3 lb bird.  165°F is the temperature you're looking for.  I was lucky enough to score this non-GMO specialty chicken through delivery.


I used roasted garlic salt and fresh cracked pepper for the seasoning.


I S&P'd the inside of the bird and then stuffed a half lemon, a couple cloves of garlic and some sprigs of thyme and sage inside.


I tied the legs with twine  I rubbed the outside with olive oil and then seasoned with the S&P.


I used cooking spray on the rack in the air-fryer.  I put the chicken in breast side down for the first 20 minutes, then flipped it for the last.


I used the meat thermometer to test it after that.  It was at 140°F so I put it back in for 10 more minutes.  Still not there so another 10 minutes it was, so it took an hour total.


I let it rest while I plated the sides.  I served.


The chicken was juicy and delicious. That garlic salt was fantastic and did its job in the seasoning department.  The skin was so crispy, I wanted to eat it all.  This felt like a Sunday night meal, and I checked my calendar because I wasn't really sure what day it was...self-isolation will do that to you.  Stay safe and stay home everyone!  ♥


1 comment: