Friday, August 21, 2020

Pizzadilla (Quesadilla Pizza)

This flashed up on social media and I knew I wanted to make it for my son for dinner.  What I used:

  • Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
  • 2 large flour tortillas 
  • Pizza sauce, as needed
  • Low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated as desired
  • Fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
  • Pizza pepperoni, to cover tortilla
  • Bacon, cut into bite size pieces

I used my cast iron pan for this.  I heated it to medium-low and brushed in the oil to coat the pan.  In went one tortilla.  

I spread a thin layer of sauce over it and then a light sprinkle of grated cheese.  

You don't want it too heavy or it's hard to flip, trust me.  Down went the next tortilla over top.  

When browned on the bottom, I flipped it.  

I put another layer of sauce down, more cheese, bacon and pepperoni. 

 

When the 2nd side was browned, I put the pan under the broiler to crisp and make cheese melty, like the top of a pizza looks.

I garnished with the basil, used a pizza cutter into slices and served.

This was a hit!  Cheesy, ooey gooey goodness.  For a quick easy dinner, this is as simple as it comes.  Use whatever toppings you fancy.  No complaints and it filled the pizza craving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment