Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Linguica Hash

Today was use something from the freezer and make dinner out of it.  I found these Linguica sausages and thought about making a hash since I had a bunch of random veggies in the fridge.  I had originally planned to make kale, potato soup (Caldo Verde) with them.

  • 5 Linguica sausages, sliced in rings
  • 2 small yellow, 2 russet potatoes, cubed 
  • 1 green, 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cored, large dice
  • 1 onion, large dice
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 lb of brown mushrooms, sliced
  • 5 stalks of curly kale, leaves stripped from stems and chopped coarsely
  • 6 Mezzo tomatoes, cubed
  • 1 can organic, low-sodium chick peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 tablespoon "Trader Joe's no-salt 21 Seasoning Salute"
  • 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
  • Good shake of Worcestershire sauce, to taste
  • Good shake of Frank's hot sauce, to taste
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup jalapeno Havarti cheese, grated
  • Fried eggs, to top hash

This meal was done in stages.  First I roasted the potatoes with olive oil and S&P for 40 minutes in the oven.


I broiled the sausages until done and sliced them.  I put them both in the fridge until it was time to cook.  

I used my wok today because it's new and big and I figured my veggies would get out of hand.  

I sautéed the peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms until soft.  

I added in the seasoning and then the tomatoes.  

The sausage, chickpeas, kale and taters went in last and I cooked till all was heated through.  

I checked the seasoning and cooked the eggs.  I garnished the hash with the cheese and plated an egg on top.


This was tastylicious!  Everything was so well flavored and seasoned.  The linguica had a nice kick to it in the spice department.  It seemed to heighten all the other flavors.  The egg was perfect with the runny yolk.  My fave part was the cheese pull.  That was awesome.  YUM!  And, I was right to use the wok today, no other pan would have fit it all...



No comments:

Post a Comment