Thursday, March 24, 2022

Sunday Night Quickie

I saw this in a Louisiana cookbook from 1959 called "River Road Recipes" and it's still in print!  It seemed so bizarre I just had to make it...and did for brunch today.

I did put my own spin on it by adding green onions (4), rotisserie chicken (about a cup) and 2 slices of processed cheese which I added while it was scrambling.  I also seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.  I garnished with avocado as well.  

I quickly sautéed the onions and chicken in unsalted butter before pouring in the egg mixture.  This was just to bloom the onion flavor and warm the chicken.  When the egg mixture was semi-scrambled, I ripped the cheese slices into pieces and folded them in.  

I toasted 2 pieces of peasant loaf and buttered them to serve on each plate.  

I divided the eggs between two plates and fanned half an avocado over the top.  I seasoned with S&P and a bottle of hot sauce 🌶 on the side.  


This was pretty good.  I think rather than a scramble, a frittata in the oven would be more my style.  No complaints, it was great on toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment