Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Shrimp, Boursin Cheese Puff Pastry Tarts

I made these as a side dish for an "end of summer" dinner in my yard.  My smoker was the feature this evening but I made these tarts inside the house.  I'm not confident enough yet to smoke puff pastry!  Below is tomatoes, cream cheese, sausage and asparagus just put on the smoker:


I created my own filling for the tarts:
  • Two 150 gram rounds of garlic herb Boursin cheese
  • 1/4 large red onion, small dice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced 
  • Olive oil, as needed for sautéing
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • Cayenne pepper, dash to taste
  • 1 organic lemon,  juiced and zested
  • 227 grams wild pink peeled shrimp, cooked and patted dry
  • Fresh curly parsley, to taste
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • 397 grams thawed puff pastry, rolled out and sliced into 6 equal squares
  • Double cheddar cheese, grated for topping


I sautéed the onion, garlic and jalapeno in a frying pan until soft.  I combined everything else except the shrimp and mixed well.  


Lastly I folded in the shrimp.  


I coated a jumbo muffin tin that held six with cooking spray and preheated the oven to 400°F.  



I stuffed the filling into each muffin tin and then topped with the cheddar cheese.


Ready to go!


These went in the oven for 25 minutes, till brown and crispy.  Below is a shot of the inside after it cooled.  Company liked them very much.  I thought I may have overdone the lemon, though it was needed with the rich cheesiness.  🤷‍♀️  They didn't mind it at all.


I'd make these again, though would probably tweak.  Unfortunately neither the jalapeño, onion or cayenne pepper flavor came through, I wished it had.  Below is one of the appy plates I served (the smoked sausage was damn fine!):


And finally the beautiful fragrant flowers I received which also happened to be my favorite color of purple.  😍  A really fun night!


No comments:

Post a Comment