Saturday, September 3, 2022

Pit Boss: Smoked Chicken Wings

My idea for tonight was to smoke the wings, then finish them in my oven air-fryer to crisp them up.  My only goal was to impart the smoke flavor and have crispy skin.  I preheated the Pit Boss to 225°F.  I seasoned with my favorite "Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Rub" and "Cool Runnings" chicken seasoning.  In they went.  After about two and a half hours I brought them into the air-fryer.  Internal temp was 150°F when they came off the smoker.  They need to be 165 - 175°F.


It took about 20 minutes to crisp them up.  I tossed with butter, vinegar and "Tabasco" sauce when done.  

These were smoky, seasoned well and tasty with the hot sauce dousing.  I wrote this out as when the smoker goes away for the winter, I'll never remember anything I did with it this season next year.  This is the way to do wings for my taste.  That being said, wings are our least favorite food that we've smoked so far.  We like our air-fried ones with Buffalo sauce better the way we usually make them, no smoke necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment