Thursday, June 13, 2019

Green Papaya, Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese

I've blogged my watermelon salad recipe before and it's here.  Today I did a spin on it.  I want to remember what I did tonight, so this is why I wrote it up again.  What I made this time:

  • 1 mini watermelon, rind removed and cubed
  • 1 green papaya, peeled and shredded with papaya tool
  • 1 small red onion, sliced as thin as possible
  • 1 cup of feta cheese, broken into pieces
  • 1 bunch of fresh mint, torn off stems and into pieces
  • Extra virgin olive oil, a good glug, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon "Red Boat" fish sauce
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 Serrano pepper, minced finely with seeds and stems
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped finely
  • 2 limes, juiced and zested
  • Handful of roasted peanuts, crushed lightly with mallet, for garnish
I didn't take any pictures except for the final dish as there is lots in the other recipe link above.  


I love the balance of flavors in this.  Sweet, salty, tart and a heat zing (that Serrano packed a punch!).  Textures were good too with crunch and softness intermingled together.  And lastly, in summer heat waves, this is like a godsend.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment