Saturday, July 30, 2016

Watermelon & Feta salad

This is a very simple recipe with an elaborate pay off.   5 ingredients and I used S&P.

  • Watermelon
  • 1 small red onion
  • Feta Cheese
  • 1 bunch of fresh mint
  • Extra virgin olive oil
I sliced a red onion as thinly as I could.  


I bought a mini melon ($3) and then sliced and cubed that.



Then I tore the mint into pieces.


I added the feta, broke into bite size pieces.  I cracked some pepper and kosher salt and put in a good glug of Kirkland organic extra virgin olive oil.  I tossed it all up and served. 


Can you say refreshing?  Yummy good!  Nice mix of sweet and salty and the onion and mint balance nicely.  The S&P and olive oil are key too.  I think some fresh squeezed lime juice would have been a good addition too.  The only reason I didn't was because I drank margaritas last night with fresh lime juice and wasn't really feeling it today.  ;)  That being said, I think if you did that and served it with a margarita, it would be a really fine combo.  This was an appetizing summertime dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment