Sunday, December 22, 2019

Baked Brie with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and Diced Green Chilies

Appy night at my house.  This was one of those 3-ingredient dishes.  You know, dinner is easier to do than making a bunch of appetizers and less work too, just sayin'...The good thing was I was off work for the Christmas break now, so I just puttered at everything throughout the day.


I lined a 9" x 9" baking dish with parchment paper.  I took a wheel of brie (mine was 650 grams as it was from Costco).  If you're going to eat Brie, then get the artery-clogging TRIPLE cream one.  The one below is Canadian (Quebec), not from France, but they are award winning.  I personally love it.


I cut the wheel in half lengthwise (I used a serrated bread knife) and put one half, rind side down in the dish.  (I saved the other half for New Year's Eve).  Anything with melted Brie is always a crowd favorite.


I topped it with a good layer of the Raspberry Chioptle sauce.  I found this at Costco as well.



Finally I spread the fire-roasted diced green chilies over the sauce.



This went into a pre-heated 375°F oven for about 15 minutes.  I think it was more like 20 minutes and it turned into a messy pool of cheese.


I served it right out of the baking dish with Artisan baguette slices and fancy crackers.


This wasn't spicy at all and the little bit of heat balanced the sweetness from the sauce.  Lots of mmmm's with this and everyone picked it as their favorite appy of the evening.  Like I said Brie anything always wins.  Easy and tasty so I'd certainly call it a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment