Friday, January 8, 2021

Quesadilla Panini

I saw this viral "Tik Tok" idea pass by on Social Media so I decided to give it a try for lunch today.  The idea is to make 4 quarters of fillings and fold it over clockwise to to make a compact, layered "sandwich" of sorts... I did see in the comments field someone said, "I have an easier way to do this.  Fold it like a burrito and done!"  That made me laugh and true enough...

  • 2 large whole-grain flour tortillas, one cut in the middle stopping at center
  • 4 fillings of your choice, one for each quadrant of tortilla


I went with one chicken and one pepper salami as I had these meats in the fridge.  With the chicken I removed the bones from the thigh first and placed it in the first quadrant.  I followed clockwise with fresh avocado, Havarti cheese and finally fresh organic baby spinach. 

 


For the salami I added Roma tomato slices, Provolone cheese and fresh organic baby arugula doused with balsamic glaze.



When both were folded over like packets, I heated my panini grill and used cooking spray on it.  Unfortunately I could only do one at a time.


However, my cheapo grill only takes a minute or so to toast and melt cheese.  I served with some grapes and lunch was done.  Son said they were both delicious but edge went to the chicken one.  He said they were crispy, cheese was melty and fillings yummy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment