Friday, July 29, 2022

Pit Boss: Smoked Mexican Street Corn Dip

This is my own version of a Mexican street corn dip.  A neighbor kindly gave me some fresh Chilliwack corn from the farm which is splendid!  Another friend sent me some "Everything But the Elote" spice from Trader Joes so I used that to season the corn after I brushed it with olive oil.  I grilled it, sear grate open at 350°F then closed the grate and turned it down to smoke for 20 minutes.  I removed it, let it cool and shut the "Boss" off for now...



  • 1 jar of Trader Joe's "Hatch Valley Salsa"
  • 1 block of cream cheese
  • 4 fresh stalks of corn, grilled and then stripped off stalks
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2(?) or 3(?) cups extra-old cheddar cheese, grated
  • 285 gram jar of roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
  • 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds and innards
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
  • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped, half for garnish
  • 1/2 red onion, diced small
  • 1 tablespoon "Everything but the Elote" seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Traeger's "Blackened Saskatchewan Rub"
  • Zest of 2 limes and juice squeezed

I put this in the smoker at 250°F until bubbly and cooked which was about an hour or a little more.  


I mixed it again so I could incorporate the block of cream cheese and garnished with green onions.  


While I was stirring I realized I forgot the sour cream and mayo I was going to put in.  I was going to use a half cup of each.  I probably would next time, just to make it more rich and creamier.  I served with tortilla chips and celery stalks.



There wasn't anything not to like about this dish.  Spicy 🌶, smoky, cheesy, creamy, excellent flavor and seasoning.  👍

No comments:

Post a Comment