Sunday, August 6, 2017

Mini Seedless Cucumber Salad

The "heat wave" continues.  My grocery store by work has a lot of farm fresh produce items at this time, so I chose some mini cukes and they looked really good.  They were from Chilliwack.



I found this online and decided to use it as I just wanted something uncomplicated and simple.  The recipe I used follows (I doubled it below and added pepper - how could they not use that???):
  • 10 Mini Seedless Cucumbers sliced to your thickness preference (I did half inch slices)
  • 1.5 teaspoons salt
  • Freshly cracked pepper, to taste (I used a lot)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2/3 cup rice vinegar (mine was Japanese)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill

Toss all the ingredients until everything is coated evenly.  I covered in saran wrap and refrigerated for an hour before serving.  This gave it time to meld the flavors together.


-------------------------------------------------

Very delicious!  The cucumbers were fantastic.  I served mine with some local, fresh, pan fried sockeye salmon also seasoned with fresh dill and some parsley and lemon.


No comments:

Post a Comment