Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Slow-Cooker BBQ Ribs

First day back from vacation so I wanted to make something super easy.  I had some ribs in the freezer that I wanted to use up.  I decided to do a dry rub and then put them in the crock pot.  I get my Canadian made BBQ sauce that I really like by Cattleboyz (I like "Original") so I used that instead of making my own.

  • 4 lbs of pork side ribs, patted dry with paper towels and each rack cut in half (left me 4 pieces).  Then rubbed with seasoning mix
  • 1/4 cup weber KC BBQ rub
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Cattleboyz original BBQ sauce
I patted the ribs dry with paper towels, then rubbed them well with the seasoning.



I put the fatter ends of the racks down on the bottom and wrapped them around in a circle, standing up, inside the crock pot.


I put the lid on and set it to 10 hours on low.  I would check at 5 hours (drain fat off).


At 5 hours, I lowered the time left to 3 more hours.  They were coming along nicely.



Fat drained, I put them back in and covered again.


At 8 hours, I moved them to a rack lined with foil on a baking sheet.  I brushed them with the BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler.


I served with onion fried hashbrowns.  The ribs were tender with a hint of spice and just a hint of sweet.  Painless dinner to throw together and no fancy plating tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment