Saturday, December 16, 2017

Egg in a Frame with Fried Salami

Appy night left me with lots of leftover salami!  So, I remembered seeing Chef Symon prepare this on "The Chew" and decided to do it for my son this morning.  My dad used to make this for me when I was a little girl too, though he called it "egg in a frame" rather than "egg in a hole".


I sliced up some salami first.  I used pepper salami for this, 4 slices and cut into sticks.


I buttered 2 pieces of whole wheat Wonder bread on both sides.  Symon said his dad used "Parmesan in the can" and I did too as I had some left in the fridge that I was trying to get rid of.


I shook this over the buttered bread.  I used a round cutter to make the holes.


I put this is all into a non-stick pan with a little melted butter and then cracked the eggs in.


I flipped everything and browned both sides.


I plated the eggs and bread insides, and then fried the salami until crisp.  I plated and garnished with a little torn basil and a light sprinkle of the cheese.  I also served with a hashbrown and a Mandarin orange as it 'tis the season...


Son said this was very good.  Said it wasn't my "usual" breakfast that I make.  It was another way to use up some of the salami so it worked for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment