Wednesday, March 21, 2018

New York Steak Cauliflower Fried Rice

I know, sounds weird, right?...  One of these throw together dinners I probably won't do again.  I bought this below, from Costco.



NY Striploins were on sale today at my local market so I got one for $5 and decided this would be dinner tonight.

  • 1 NY Striploin steak, cut in half lengthwise and then against the grain and in quarter inch slices
  • 1 bag of fresh cauliflower rice
  • 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Fat free, cholesterol free liquid eggs, enough to make about 3 scrambled eggs
  • 2 tablespoons avocado oil
  • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • White pepper, to taste
In a cast iron skillet, I heated the oil and then added the red onion and garlic.  When translucent, I added in the steak (seasoned with the white pepper).


When rare, I added in the cauliflower and stir fried until soft.  I pushed the "rice" over in the skillet and scrambled the eggs, then folded them into the mixture.


I added the soy, sesame oil and vinegar and tossed in the green onions mixing well.


It's not fried rice and it doesn't taste like fried rice, but it looks like fried rice.  You couldn't fool anyone and tell them that's what it was.  I enjoyed it.  I felt great knowing I wasn't carbing out.  The beef was tender and tasty.  The soy was needed.  A lot left over though...that means my son didn't eat any...  😃

No comments:

Post a Comment