Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Skor Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies

I was shopping today and saw "Skor" chips on sale so decided to try and make something with them.



After looking at bars, and muffins and all kinds of things I don't eat, in the end, I decided to just do cookies.  What I did:
  • 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened (room temperature)
  • 1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
  • 1 large free range egg 
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 200 grams Skor baking chips
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate baking chips
I preheated the oven to 350°F and lined 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  I did all the prep in my new fancy schmancy Kitchen Aid mixer.


First the soft butter, brown sugar, kosher salt, baking powder and baking soda went in and I used the flat beater on low until fully combined.  Egg and vanilla went in next.


The flour went in next, followed by the chips last after the flour was all incorporated.


I used a 1/4 cup scoop, in blobs on the parchment, trying to make them all the same size with room for "secretary spread", haha.


I ended up with a "baker's dozen", and I knew they were going to be BIG cookies.


I have to admit while they were in the oven they smelled so good, it was tempting to even me, who has no desire for sweets.


These took 20 minutes to bake  for me.  I cooled for 10 minutes and then let my son taste test...  Well, he loved them.  He even went back and had another.  I tasted a piece and thought they were disgustingly sweet and could have used some nuts for texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment