Sunday, August 4, 2019

Vietnamese Pork Chops with Green Beans.

At the farmer's market, I picked up these local chops from Gelderman farms.   They weren't cheap at $18 for 4.  I marinated them overnight, using this recipe.  I also picked up green beans so would grill those along side.



  • 1/2 a Walla Walla onion, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup "Red Boat" fish sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
  • Fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • Four 1" thick-cut bone-in pork chops
  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
  • Lime halves (for serving)
I seasoned both sides of the the pork with pepper.  I poked the chops with a fork so the marinade could get in.


The marinade was the onion, brown sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, chili flakes, avocado oil and pepper,  These went in a Ziploc, in the fridge overnight.  I let them come to room temperature before putting them on the grill.  I was going for 145°F and would use my meat thermometer.


The beans went on the top rack on a grate so they didn't fall through.  I just rubbed organic extra-virgin olive oil over them and fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.


I didn't need more sauce and just disposed of the marinade, it wasn't necessary.  The pork chops were fantastic!  The quality and the taste - the marinade was amazing.  A squirt of lime over the finished chops was sublime and nothing more was needed to complete the plates.  The chops were so tender with not a hint of dryness.  Couldn't ask for more.  The beans were organic and fresh off the farm and this was a perfect dinner.


I served my son some rice with light soy sauce, but I just went with the pork and greens.  Heavenly divine.



No comments:

Post a Comment