Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Francis Lam’s Ginger Scallion Sauce

I came across this and decided I should give it a try the next time I made fish.  I also just received a new ginger grater gadget that I was anxious to try out.  A food processor would be easier like the recipe showed but not for me today...


  • 2 ounces ginger (about a 3-inch piece), peeled and grated
  • 1 large bunch scallions, sliced thinly and then coarsely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt
  • 1 cup peanut oil



I got my ginger and green onions done and into a bowl.  I seasoned like the recipe/Francis said, “Salt the ginger and scallions like they called your mother a bad name and stir it well.” I heated the oil in a saucepan until about to smoke.  I poured it over the onions, salt and ginger and let it cool at room temperature.  


I served over crispy skin pan fried steelhead trout tonight.  


The salt really is the key to this simple sauce.  It seemed to extract the flavors and make it boom.  As it keeps in the fridge for 2 - 3 weeks, we're quite happy about it!  This is another  mainstay in the simplicity department.  😋  It doesn't get much easier than this!  


No comments:

Post a Comment