Friday, July 30, 2021

Spaghettini al Limone (Lemon Pasta)

I was wanting something simple tonight so decided on lemon pasta.  There are a lot of variations of it out there, some with garlic.  I just used what I had on hand and kept it as simple as can be.

  • 375 grams whole wheat spaghettini, prepared to package directions, drained
  • 2 organic lemons, juiced and zested
  • 1 cup fresh Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese, grated finely and more for garnish
  • 1/3 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Fresh basil, for garnish

While the pasta was cooking I combined the oil, lemon juice, zest, cheese and pepper and whisked until creamy.  It was so hot outside, I added a couple of pats of room temperature butter in as well and it mixed in easily.  Below was before the pepper was added.  



When the pasta was done, I poured in the sauce and tossed with tongs until well coated.  I plated in pasta bowls and garnished with fresh picked basil leaves, more cheese and pepper.


Simply divine!  Soo delish!  The lemon was the star.  It felt light and the fresh fresh basil was an added bonus, so vibrant in taste.  This is a keeper recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment