Saturday, April 2, 2022

Carrot Raisin Walnut Loaf

I make banana bread or some type of banana muffins every single week for lunches.  I thought I'd change it up this week and use carrots instead.  Well, the real reason is I had no bananas and had lots of carrots so this is what I concocted:

  • 4 large organic carrots from a bunch with green tops, grated (no green tops though)
  • 1 & 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup plain full fat yogurt
  • 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
  • 2 organic eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup crushed walnuts
  • 1 cup "Thompson" raisins


Preheat the oven to 350°F.  I coated a loaf pan with cooking spray.  I combined the batter in a large bowl starting with the wet ingredients first and then the dry until just mixed.  I dumped in the loaf pan.  


This baked for 55 minutes and filled the house with a warm spice aroma.  When a toothpick came out clean it was done.  I cooled on a rack.  



This came out super yummy with the taste of fall spices.  Loved the raisins and crunch of the nuts.  The carrots made for a moist bread, just like banana bread does.  I might purposely throw this into the repertoire going forward.  Mmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment