Saturday, April 2, 2022

Quick Fridge Pickled Cucumbers & Onions

There are oodles of quick pickle recipes out there, but it's basically what you like in vinegar and eating within a week.  I got a large jar out and here's what I used:

  • 1 long English cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
  • 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced thinly
  • 1 cup organic apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup filtered water
  • 2 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Few sprigs of fresh dill

Fill the jar with the above, put lid on, shake and put in fridge.  I tried it when nice and cold, the next day.

I served with more pepper.  Cucumber and vinegar always reminds me of being a little kid.  I loved to eat a bowl of them swimming in vinegar and still do.  These were just the perfect amount of tart for my tastes; I enjoyed the cool crispy crunch of the cukes/onions and then I drank the remaining vinegar.  🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment