Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bocconcini Salad

This doesn't get much easier.  We bought some "mini mini" bocconcini so didn't even need to cube it.  There's nothing amazing or even inspiring about this dish, except that it took me 5 minutes to put together.  It was fresh and perfect in its simplicity for this summer day.

  • 1 cup of mini mini bocconcini cheese
  • 1 pint medley of grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 10 large leaves of basil, cut chiffonade
  • 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • Fresh cracked pepper & kosher salt
I did the small amount of prep work which was slicing the tomatoes and rolling the basil leaves up like little cigars and then cutting them crosswise.


I mixed it all together and then let it sit in the fridge for an hour.


I garnished with some more basil.  I used this as a side for some chicken burgers tonight (I had my burger bunless on leftover butter lettuce).  There's nothing like the taste of fresh basil, is there?  To me, it's the star of any Caprese salad.  I didn't love that bocconcini at all - next time I would use fresh mozza and cut it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment