Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Egg Drop Soup

This is simple to make.  This is my own spin on the classic Asian delight.  It's what I wanted for dinner tonight and it took no time to prepare.  I used:
  • 4 cups organic low sodium "Better than Bouillon" chicken stock
  • 1/2 inch nub fresh ginger, microplaned
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons room temperature stock
  • 2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten in a measuring cup with a pouring spout
  • 3 green onions, sliced and for garnish
  • White pepper, to taste
  • Dash of toasted sesame oil
  • 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced small
  • 2 stalks baby bok choy, washed well, ends removed and sliced
As always, Mise en place first.  Below is the washed baby bok choy, then stock, then ginger, scallions, egg and chicken.




I brought the stock to a boil with the ginger, chicken, green onions, bok choy, sesame oil and soy sauce.


I lowered the heat to simmer.  I whisked in the cornstarch slurry and combined well until slightly thickened.


With the whisk, I stirred clockwise until I created a whirlpool. I slowly drizzled the eggs in while continuing to stir slowly.  I served, garnished with green onions.  


MmmmMmmmmMmmmm.  So yummy!  So comforting!  The ultimate in easy deliciousness.  Impressive, if I do say so myself, and I do.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment