Monday, April 15, 2019

Wild Sockeye Salmon Tacos. Slaw & Feta Cheese

The salmon was previously frozen, but it looked good today.  I pan fried it in a little olive oil, seasoned only with S&P.  I warmed the tortillas up in the oven.  Just covered them in foil.  For my crunchy slaw I used:
  • 1 quarter red cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 2 large handfuls of organic arugula
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
  • 1/2 English cucumber, halved, seeds removed and sliced thinly
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced small, stems and seeds kept in
  • Bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped finely
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

I mixed this all together and let it marinate in the fridge.  Time to assemble.  I started with a layer of my favorite Hatch Valley Salsa on corn tortillas.



Then I laid the salmon on.  Crispy skin side up.


I piled on the slaw...


The feta finished the plate.


I couldn't eat this as tacos, it became fork and knife open-face tacos.  I wasn't thrilled with just vinegar and wished I had made a vinaigrette instead.  However, the salmon was cooked well.  The salad had nice crunch and the feta gave wanted saltiness.  Not the best, but not the worst either... It filled the need for Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment