Friday, July 5, 2019

Asian Soba Noodle Salad with Chicken

I was sure I had blogged this before, but nope, never have, even though I've made it a few times now.  This was supposed to be dinner last night, but I ended up cutting up a bunch of fruit for sangria, and lost interest in the vegetable chopping...

I discovered I did post one version on Social Media though.  Below is another Asian Chicken Soba Noodle salad with a Peanut, Ginger sauce.  I didn't stray too far from that one this evening...


While drinking sangria the night before, I did make the noodles though.  I was able to come home and finish the salad quicker tonight which is good because I've said many times - I do not like to cook on Friday after work.


This is pretty good for showing you how to cook soba (buckwheat) noodles and it is what I did.  When they were cooled down, I tossed them with some toasted sesame dressing, togarashi powder and some rice vinegar.



I put this in the fridge overnight.


What I used:
  • 2 bundles of organic soba noodles
  • 1/2 a baby Napa cabbage, sliced thinly
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
  • 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
  • 1 lb "Pinty's" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Strips
  • Large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
  • Crispy shallots, for garnish (toasted sesame seeds would work)
  • Lime wedges, for garnish
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

I washed everything well and put the cabbage and green onions through the salad spinner.  I chopped and then mixed well.


In fact, my absent sous chef son did my mixing for me, as my arm was sore.  We added a bit more dressing and S&P and were ready to serve.


This was yummy.  Lots of good sesame flavor, good crunch and the lime brightened the flavors.  I wouldn't skip the green onions or cilantro as part of this.  Pretty painless to get on the plate for a Friday evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment