Sunday, December 20, 2020

Avocado Walnut Cheese Toast

This was my own creation.  I have a surplus of avocados because I was going to make sushi (California Rolls) but that's going to have to wait due to Christmas stuff going on...  They're all ripe now so my millennial son would be getting his fave avocado toast for bit.

I had ricotta cheese which I was going to use but then saw I still had this soft walnut cheese that we tried from Costco.  

There is no doubting the walnut taste of it, it's very forward there.  What I used today:

  • 1 ripe Haas avocado, cubed
  • 2 slices of organic, seeded whole grain bread, toasted
  • Sprinkle of "Everything Bagel" seasoning
  • Fresh organic baby arugula, to taste
  • 1/2 cup soft white walnut cheese
  • Drizzle of balsamic glaze
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste

I placed the toast on plate and scooped the cubed avocado over it, spreading to reach the edges.  I sprinkled the bagel seasoning over top.


I put a handful of arugula on each toast and then scooped the cheese over top of that.  I finished with S&P and the balasmic glaze.  Time to serve. 


Son said the flavor combinations worked well together and enjoyed his lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment