Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Air Fryer: Crispy Chicken Thighs & Homemade Russet Fries

This was going to be easy peasy tonight (I heard Jamie Oliver when I wrote that).  Fries and fried chicken.  I've done thighs before in the air-fryer, but they were breaded and didn't turn out because the breading was too toasty.  This time I went with nothing but kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.

I love doing wings in the air-fryer.  Below is from a previous time, also cooked with only S&P.

I patted the chicken thighs dry with paper towel.  I seasoned with S&P.  I heated the air-fryer to 390°F and let it heat for 3 minutes.  I used cooking spray on the rack.  

I put 5 thighs in, skin side down and set the timer for 12 minutes.  I flipped over at that time and cooked for 15 minutes more.  I kept checking at 10 minutes until they were crispy how I wanted them.  

Like the buffalo wings I make, I tossed these with some unsalted butter, vinegar and Tabasco sauce.  Ready to serve.

These were fantastic!  Just like Buffalo wings but so tender and juicy.  Yummy!

Here were the fries that were tossed with olive oil and S&P when they went in..  They were done at 390°F as well, shaking periodically for 25 minutes.  Fries are probably the thing I make the most in this gadget as my son loves them.  Amazing fries, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment