Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Muffins

This came across my social media so I decided to make them.  I watch Molly's show on food t.v. and I really like her, makes me smile.  She certainly knows her baking.  Lots of ingredients but all pretty healthy.  What I used:

  • 1 & 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
  • 1 cup 1% buttermilk 
  • 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup avocado oil
  • 1/2 cup natural creamy unsweetened peanut butter 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 large organic eggs
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup Montmorency dried cherries
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  •  Sprinkles, for topping (I used these in Molly's honor as she puts sprinkles on everything!)


Preheat the oven to 400ºF.  Use cooking spray on a jumbo muffin tin that holds 6. In a bowl, mix the oats and milk and let soak for 20 minutes.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.


In another bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, peanut butter, vanilla, eggs, and maple syrup until smooth.  Add the oats and flour mixture and stir to combine.  With a spatula fold in the dried fruit, chocolate, and coconut. Scoop into muffin tin and top with sprinkles. 


Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Check to see if done at 22 minutes and continue until ready.  Mine were done at 30 min. 


Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 


These were so pretty and smelled divine!  And they rose nicely in the tin, I was impressed.  I served one warm with butter.


Taste was left to my son who said they were really good.  Mind you, he always says that when I make muffins.  He added that he'd have them again.  Mind you, he always says that when I make muffins.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment