Friday, April 23, 2021

Egg-in-a-Hole Grilled Cheese Sandwich

There's a perfect video of this recipe and is what I watched to make it.  What I used:

  • 2 pieces whole grain bread
  • 2 large organic free range eggs
  • 1 slice processed cheese ("Kraft")
  • 1 slice Swiss cheese
  • Unsalted butter, as needed
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste


In a non-stick skillet, over med-high heat I melted the butter while I used a small container and cut around it to remove a circle from the bread.  


I fried the bread until slightly browned, flipped them over then cracked the eggs in, seasoning with S&P.  Of course both yolks broke!  It's funny how every time if I don't want them to break they do and if I don't care they never do...


I flipped over, adding more butter and then placing a slice of cheese on each slice of bread.  I lowered the heat down to med-low as well.  I flipped one piece on to the other and let it go until cheese was melted.  


I plated and cut the sandwich in half to release the egg yolks.  I served with some tater tots (not pictured) and a mandarin orange.  


It was truly FUGLY!  Son said it delicious, loved it.  It'd be pretty hard not to if you like fried eggs and grilled cheese, no?  

No comments:

Post a Comment