Friday, May 27, 2022

Stuffed Yorkshire Puddings with Roast Beef

My friend's belated birthday lunch.  I made the beef yesterday and heated it up at 200°F today, trying not to cook it, just warm it but it wasn't rare any longer when I took it out.  At least it was tender!  Below is the recipe I used for the Yorkies.


  • 4 large organic eggs
  • 1 cup of unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 cup of 2% milk
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt


Preheat oven to 425°F . Whisk eggs, flour, milk and salt in a large measuring cup until it becomes a smooth batter. Set aside and let come to room temperature.  


In a jumbo muffin tin (makes 6 jumbo muffins), add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil to each tin. Place in oven and allow oil to heat until almost smoking. Take the pan out of the oven and pour the batter evenly in each hole. Place back in oven. Do not open door. The Yorkshires need the high heat to rise properly. Turn the oven light on and when they are puffed up and golden brown (about 20 minutes), they are done.  My friend said these were the most delicious Yorkies she's ever had, so that's high praise.  They turned out beautiful!!!


Yesterday I also made the gravy with sautéed onions and mushrooms with homemade beef stock and fresh chives.  I heated this back up in a sauce pan and poured in a gravy boat when serving.  I also made a summer corn salad which I plated on the side.  


I made creamy horseradish sauce.  
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 1/4 cup of creamed horseradish
  • 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tablespoon of white vinegar
  • Fresh chives, snipped
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste


Whisk together and let sit in fridge till plating time.  Serve in ramekins.  It tasted much better than it looked!  Lunch was a huge success even though my friend forgot the wine!  🙄 🍷





1 comment: