Wednesday, May 11, 2022

White French Dressing

I found this recipe from someone named Jane Snow (Jon Snow's sister?) and it has been sitting in my drafts for a long time now.  I stumbled across it and decided to make my version of it as I had lots of salad ingredients.  What I used:

  • 1 cup "Hellman’s" mayonnaise
  • 1 large organic shallot, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon organic sugar
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste 



Add all to a blender and whiz at high speed until smooth.   Pour into mason jar and refrigerate overnight before serving.


I love French dressing, the red-orange stuff so this was right up my alley. It tasted like homemade French dressing which means better than the store bought.  I had it in a lovely salad of organic everything; spinach, arugula, baby kale, grated carrots, orange bell pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas, beets and cucumber.  My son had a different version of salad minus a couple ingredients and added croutons, his is below, mine follows after:



 


No comments:

Post a Comment