Sunday, August 7, 2016

Green Bean Bacon Bundles

I saw this recipe and decided I had to make it.  It looked delicious!  I had picked up my favourite green beans at Costco and we were having appy night.  I also made this.  These were nice because I could prepare them beforehand, and I did.

I started by taking about 8 - 10 green beans and S&P'ing them.


Then I wrapped a piece of bacon around their middles and made them into bundles.  I put them on a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with "Pam".


The glaze (in a little tiny saucepan) called for brown sugar, butter and garlic.


I also added half a lemon squeezed into it.  Next time I would add some cayenne pepper or crushed chili flakes too.  I brushed the bundles and then covered the tray with foil.


This went into a 400°F for 35 minutes.  They smelled really good while baking.  I guess it was the butter, bacon, garlic and brown sugar.  At that time, I uncovered it, drained off the fat and set it aside.


I would finish these under the broiler when the rest of our appy dinner was ready to go.  I flipped them and broiled both sides until crispy.  I did this at 500°F for about 10 minutes.


OhMyGosh, these were sooooo delectable!  Bundles of joy!  I could have just eaten these for dinner.  This will be going into my repertoire as a side dish for sure!  The glaze just sent this dish over-the-top, it just needed some heat with the sweetness.  I'll fix that next time...

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing and delish! I am definetly making these for Friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will be a hit! I like them because of how easy they are to make and how "gourmet" they are on a plate.

      Delete