Saturday, August 6, 2016

Spicy Asian-Chicken-Salad Lettuce Cups

This was not my "go-to" lettuce wrap recipe but it was certainly much easier.  The recipe is here.  Basically this was like a chicken salad in lettuce cups.  I would have liked to add cilantro, but forgot to buy it.  I added some cucumber on the side with the avocado.  I also served some crushed cashews with it.  I used my own measurements for the ingredients as well.

I got my rotisserie chicken from Costco.  I pulled all the meat off and put it in a bowl.


I chopped a bunch of green onions and a whole can of water chestnuts (227 ml).


I added the rest of the ingredients and mixed it all up.  It was a little bland when done so I added a few squirts of Sriracha and about 1/4 cup of some Japanese sesame dressing I had.  It tasted good after that.

I sliced some halved and seeded English cucumber.  I smashed some cashews in a baggie with a mallet.  I separated my butter lettuce into cups and rinsed it in a strainer.  I sliced the avocado last and quartered some lime.

So, I don't think my son would like lettuce wraps without a dipping sauce.  I make a really excellent one with my "go-to" recipe, my friend told me she would like tubs of it so she could bathe in it when I made them for her.  I thought I better whip him up something.  So, I made a quick pseudo sauce with just soy, Sambal and the Japanese sesame oil dressing.  I was going without the dipping sauce this time as there was enough mayo in it for me already.


I garnished mine with Sriracha drops and lime juice.  This was refreshing, crunchy, creamy, tart and spicy.  A most perfect summer dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment