Sunday, August 7, 2016

Roasted Tomato Dip with Crab

Today was going to be appy day at our house.  I was making this dip and this.  I decided to add some crab to this recipe and got some blue crab claw meat from Costco, it's about $13 for a lb.  It's dark, so its best for using in dips, in my opinion.


I also halved this recipe as I didn't want that much dip leftover.  I didn't bother to get "whipped" cream cheese either.  I just used regular Philadelphia light cream cheese at room temperature.  I also got the tomatoes at Costco and these were really sweet and delicious.  Nice score.


I used about half of these.  I washed, dried and and cut them in half into a bowl.  I tossed with the seasonings, olive oil and garlic and tossed.


I poured this onto a parchment lined baking sheet and put in a 425°F for 20 minutes.

I mixed the cheeses up - I substituted Gruyere in place of the Parmesan.  I stirred in about half a lb of crab.  I also added a few good shakes of Frank's Red Hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and half a squeezed lemon.  When the tomatoes came out, I stirred this into the cheese mixture.  I sprayed two mini casserole dishes with "Pam"  and put the cheese dip in them.


I put them in the fridge until ready to bake.  I put them on a foil lined baking sheet at 425°F for 30 minutes.  I served my sons with sliced baguette and some multi-grain tortilla chips.  I served mine with celery sticks though I did have to try one piece on the baguette and one on the chip.


The dip was good, it didn't even really need the crab.  My son likes crab dips which is why I added it.  The roasted tomatoes were the star though.  It was really rich so the celery balanced that nicely and gave a great crunch factor.  There was lots remaining when we were full, so both of us will be eating it for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment