Monday, August 13, 2018

Cold Chickpea Pasta Salad

The heat wave is returning, so salad sounded like a good plan.  I buy this rotini pasta (below) from Costco which is made out of chickpeas and I quite like it.



The rest of the salad was made with what I had in the house/fridge tonight.  I was sad I didn't have a red onion, but did have green onions, so that is what I used.  I made a double batch so I'd have lunches this week as well.
  • 2 packages of chickpea rotini (228 grams each)
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, large dice
  • 1 red bell pepper, large dice
  • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
  • 1 large crown of broccoli, chopped into small bites
  • 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
  • 1 large carrot, grated
  • 1 long English cucumber, peeled, halved, seeds scraped out and sliced
  • 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
  • Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/3 cup currants
  • Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Organic apple cider vinegar and honey dressing (I bought this at Costco), to taste - use how much you like to dress your salad

I boiled the pasta in salted water to package directions.  I strained, rinsed and let it cool as I went about the chopping festival....and that it was!  I only took a couple of pictures of the veggies.  It was a LOT of cleaning and chopping...





I ended up having to use my popcorn bowl to be able to fit/toss it all, but that was good as it has a lid too.  It made double of what I thought would be twice as much.  I put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.  


It was très good.  Had great textures, crunchy and soft.  Vibrant in taste, salty and sweet.  Over all it was a solid salad and felt healthy to eat.  It will be great for lunches, but it looks like I made enough for a months worth of lunches!  I'll share some with co-workers tomorrow.   

1 comment:

  1. Your salad was awesome, I will be looking for the pasta next time at Costco... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete