Sunday, October 6, 2019

Roasted Rack of Lamb with Garlic & Herbs

Well this is special for dinner, isn't it?  Costco had a good deal on frenched lamb racks ($4 off) so that's what was on the plate this evening.


I first rubbed the lamb with some extra-virgin olive oil and seasoned it with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.  I heated my cast iron skillet a med-high and went in for the sear.


I put a rack in the cast iron and let the lamb cool down.  I mixed together a rub and to make it easy, I zapped it up in the food processor until it was a paste:
  • Fresh thyme (few stalks stripped), chopped finely
  • Fresh rosemary (1 stalk stripped), chopped finely
  • Fresh Italian parley (large handful), chopped finely
  • 4 cloves of garlic, smashed then minced
  • Heaping tablespoon of Dijon mustard
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste


I massaged this into the lamb and then put it on the rack.


This went into a preheated oven of 375°F.  I put this in for 25 minutes.


I took it out, removed the lamb to a cutting board and tented it with foil for another 10 minutes.  I used my meat thermometer to make sure it was done correctly.  It was.  I was going for medium, about  155°F.  


I served this with some farro w/kale and roasted Brussels sprouts.  I garnished with more parsley and served with a wedge of Meyer lemon.  The acid perked everything up flavor wise.


This felt like a fancy pants dinner.  Mmmm, outstanding and refined.  Lamb was melt in your mouth tender and the rub was amazing on it.  A nice splurge without paying restaurant prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment