Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Roasted Baby Bok Choy

I had a bunch (haha) of baby bok choy in the fridge so I wanted to use it up.  I usually just put it in soups but after 6 bowls now, it had to go... I found this recipe which inspired me to make it like this.  

  • 14 bunches of baby bok choy, rinsed well, dried ends trimmed and stalks halved
  • 1 inch nub of organic ginger, peeled and grated with microplane
  • 2 cloves of garlic, grated with microplane
  • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
  • 1 teaspoon crushed chilies
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish


I lined my baking sheet with a silicone mat.  I set my broiler to high.  I tossed the veggies with the sauce in a bowl and poured them onto the mat.  


I put the tray on the lowest oven rack.  For me I prefer that to not broil/burn the food too quickly.  I roasted until browned to my liking and then flipped, doing the same to the other side.  I served garnished with sesame seeds.  


This was good.  I probably could have got it a little browner but dinner was ready so I wanted to serve at once.  Her recipe did not have oil and I would omit that next time if using the silicon mat as it wasn't necessary at all.  However, if I didn't use the mat or parchment paper, I would keep it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment