Friday, May 7, 2021

Ground Turkey Taco Impossible Pie

Well, I've made the dessert version, and now I decided to make the savory.  I didn't have "Bisquick" mix and wouldn't buy it anyway since it's easy enough to make.  

  • 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/4 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 corn on the cob stalk, corn sliced off
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
  • 1 can "Rotel" original tomatoes
  • Crushed chilies, to taste
  • Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt, to taste
  • 1/2 cup homemade "Bisquick Mix"
  • 2 large organic eggs
  • 1 cup 1% buttermilk
  • 2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated

I coated my pie dish with cooking spray and preheated the oven to 400°F.  In a frying pan I heated it and added a swirl of grapeseed oil.  


I added the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, corn, chili and garlic and cooked until soft.  


I put in the turkey and stirred occasionally until cooked.  I sprinkled the taco seasoning in and S&P.  I dumped the "Rotel" can in and stirred it all until combined and hot.  


I poured this into the pie dish.  I topped with the cheese.


I used a blender for the "Bisquick" mix, eggs, and buttermilk.  When smooth I poured this in the pie dish.  


My dish was very, very full therefore I put it on a foil lined baking sheet as it was leaking out.  It went into the oven for 30 minutes.  


I let it rest for 10 minutes, sliced and served garnished with homemade Pico de Gallo.  


I guess because it was so FULL, it was a wee bit doughy, so I had to pop it back in the oven for another 15 minutes.  Then it was perfect.  It was tasty and I would make this again.  The possibilities are many for the ingredients, just maybe only fill the dish 3/4 full before the batter goes in.


No comments:

Post a Comment