Monday, February 8, 2016

BBQ Side Ribs

My son called me from work a day ago and said that his co-workers insisted he buy some ribs because it was a fantastic deal and they were all picking some up.  He asked me if I would like them, so I said sure.  It turned out they were $2 a lb. and he came home with 11 lbs. for $22.  I put half in the freezer.  These were cut "sweet & sour" style and were cleaned beautifully of most of the fat.  It was a very good deal.

I decided today I'd just season (dry rub of fresh cracked pepper, Lawry's seasoning salt and a BBQ Bonanza spice I got for Christmas) and slow cook them at 225°F wrapped tightly in foil for 3 & 1/2 hours.



When they came out, I drained all the fat off, brushed them with BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler (500°F) to glaze the sauce.  These were fall off the bone tender and really yummy.  This way of doing ribs never fails me and there's tons of leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment