Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hurricane Popcorn

So, I've spent about two months total in Hawaii and have never had or heard of "Hurricane Popcorn" but this recipe intrigued me.  I looked up others, and it seems they add soy sauce to the butter and add in Mochi Crunch (Japanese Rice Crackers).  I decided to use the soy (light sodium & 1 teaspoon) but not the Mochi.  I found the Furikake at my Korean market.  I'm sure T&T would have it too.


The other recipes didn't have chili powder either, but I liked that idea so used it.  I didn't add the Wasabi Peas though, as that part didn't appeal to me.  I also used Avocado Oil instead of Canola.  Otherwise, I followed the recipe as given.


I mixed it all up with a wooden spoon though I think shaking it in a good plastic bag might be better.  I may try that next time.  There will be a next time, this was really good and nice change from the same old, same old...And oh my, that Furikake is great stuff!  Next time I will only use 1 tablespoon of chili powder and some fresh cracked pepper instead of 2 tablespoons.

 The dark bits are chili powder or bits of seaweed, not burnt popcorn


No comments:

Post a Comment