Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Haven-Style White Clam Pizza

I've made this before and thought it was really tasty and my son loved it.  I used this recipe.  I wished to find fresh pizza dough, but it didn't pan out since I only decided to make this at lunch, so I used Pillsbury pizza dough.  I will need to find real dough the next time since I won't make it.  I got the clams from T&T Market.


They were what I wanted in that there was no preservatives and no added sodium!  Hard to find the "no added sodium" part in frozen seafood.  This bag was $7.  The first thing to do was get the clam mixture ready.  I just mixed the clams with garlic (6 cloves), olive oil, chili flakes and oregano then put it in the fridge.


For the dough, I  sprinkled the cornmeal on the greased pan (to me, the cornmeal is a "must-do"). I put this on a rectangle cookie sheet so it was easy to get ready and baked it for 8 minutes (below is when it was first out of the oven).


In the meantime, I got my "absent sous chef" to grate some Mozzarella and Parmesan for me.  I chopped some parsley.  When the dough came out, I put the mozza on first, then the clam mixture and finished with the Parmesan.



Back into the oven for 15 minutes.


  I garnished it immediately with parsley.


I let it rest 5 minutes, sliced and served.  What can I say except that it is really a good "pie".  My son almost ate the whole thing and would have if he wasn't so full.  Next time, real pizza dough!


June 16, 2016:

So, I've made this a few times since this post above.  Now, I put the clam mixture in the food processor and pulse it a little first.  Also, I found good frozen pizza dough from a local Italian bakery that I like called Calabria.  I can buy this dough at Urban Fare.  Way, WAY better than Pillsbury - just sayin'.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment